During their annual business meeting, held on August 10th, members of the West Central Georgia Shutterbugs elected officers to serve during their upcoming year. They were (left to right): Dianne Kelly (Publicity), Linda Godwin (Activities Coordinator, who will share that position with Margie Lentini, who was not present for the photo), Anna Mary Ellerbee (Corresponding Secretary), Yvette Tolson (Recording Secretary), Bonny Shockley (Treasurer) and Francis Hauk (President). King Davis was re-elected to a second term as Vice-President but was unable to attend the meeting. The officers will stay quite busy since the Shutterbugs (currently 60 of them) are a very active group. For example, many are planning to enter the annual photography competition at the Georgia National Fair, as well as submitting images for their month-long annual exhibit at the Thomaston-Upson Arts Council (TUAC) Gallery and Gift Shop, where the meetings are held on the second Tuesday in each month, beginning at 6:30 p.m. In lieu of the regular meeting on Sept. 14th, a reception will be held at the Gallery from 6-8 p.m. The public is cordially invited to meet the photographers and view their images. Photo by Shutterbugs member, Sherry Kunde.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Five Shutterbugs attended the August 19, 2010, meeting of the Georgia Nature Photographers' Association (held in Marietta) and greatly enjoyed the program presented by guest speaker Adam Jones and were thrilled to get to speak with him after his presentation. Shown in the photo are Francis Hauke, Margie Lentini, Adam Jones, Johnnie Ann Gaskill, Marcia Fisher, and Linda Godwin. Photo by Todd Sparger, Vice-President of GNPA.
Adam is an international travel, nature, and wildlife photographer who conducts tours and workshops around the world. To see samples of his beautiful images and to learn more about the training opportunities he offers, please visit his website: http://adamjonesphoto.com/
He is also one of Canon's "Explorers of Light," a group of the world's leading professional photographers selected to provide insight,inspiration and education to future generations of creative photographers. This prestigious panel of 60 or more Canon photographers delivers seminars, workshops, gallery showings and photo presentations at a variety of professional association and amateur photo groups and colleges across the country as a means of fostering imaging excellence and nurturing the increasingly digital art's next wave. Members represent specialties and styles that span the gamut of photographic expression within the imaging profession. To view a list of members and samples of their work, visit
Sunday, August 22, 2010
- Dianne Culpepper Kelly attended Grandfather Mountain 2010 Nature Photography Weekend and received an honorable mention for the photo above.
- Images by three Shutterbugs (Linda Best, Malgorzata Florkowska, and Ellen Tew) are among the 78 photos that were selected for the 2010 SlowExposures Show. The jurors selected these from among 668 photos that were submitted.
- Lora Watson received a second place ribbon and $100 in cash for one of her entries into a contest sponsored by the Paulding County Camera Club. This was Lora’s first time to enter a contest!!!
- One of Johnnie Ann Gaskill’s photos of the Upson County Courthouse was featured on the 2010 Taste of Thomaston tee-shirts. The same photo was also used on small banners that were placed around the square during May.
- On July 24, Dianne Culpepper Kelly, Alicia Pastiran, and John Yoder participated in the Worldwide Photowalk at Senoia.